2011 FJA Member Retreat
At the Beautiful Fairmont Banff Springs
Banff, Alberta, Canada
July 24-27, 2011
Once again, the time has come for members and staff of the Florida Justice Association to come together for the FJA's Member Retreat. Every year, this event offers an opportunity for us to reflect on the events of the past year and to plan for upcoming challenges and opportunities. The coming year promises to be a crucial one for determining the future of our organization and rights of Florida's citizens. Please make plans to help build that future by joining us in Banff. Both the beauty of the location and the work we do there will lay the groundwork for success in the months and years to come.
At the retreat we will discuss and plan our legislative, political and organizational needs for the future. As President-elect of FJA, Fred Cunningham personally invites you to come and be a part of determining the direction of the FJA, preparation for the 2012 Election cycle and the legislative goals for upcoming sessions.
Banff: Rich in culture, diverse in experience, responsible in action.
Fred and his wife Robin are exploring numerous activities for our members - including a scenic bus trip and group dinner at famous Lake Louise one evening and a pizza party with bowling and games just for kids on another. Spend time with other FJA families and enjoy the activities Banff has to offer...rafting, fly fishing, hiking, golfing, kayaking. Whether on your own or in a group, the opportunities are endless. Banff abounds with the chance to experience everything from the most rugged of outdoor activities to world-class arts and culture displays. Banff is a fantastic destination for your family vacation.
Few hotels in the world rival the majesty, hospitality and grandeur of The Fairmont Banff Springs resort. Styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs hotel a National Historical Site is located in the heart of Banff National Park. The construction of the hotel in 1888 marked the birthplace of tourism in the Canadian Rockies.
Fairmont Kid's Camp and Family Activities:
At The Fairmont Banff Springs, they want to make sure your children laugh and play and that parents have time to relax and rejuvenate with experiences that will create lasting memories for all. When you stay with Fairmont Banff Springs, your children have their own private check-in where they will receive a prince/princess crown, scavenger hunt, coloring book with crayons, AND a coupon to receive milk and cookies from the Castle Pantry!
Read More about Banff Springs Kid's Camp
and many other family activities here!
Subject to change
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!
Deadline for reservations is June 23, 2011
Two options for reserving your room:
- Phone: Contact the Fairmont Banff Springs directly at their Global Reservations Centre at 1-800-441-1414. Please identify yourself as being with the Florida Justice Association for ease of booking.
- Online: Reservations may also be made online by using this special FJA Reservation link. The FJA Promo Code (GFJA) automatically registers on the reservation form.
- Group rates begin at $209/night/CAD. Click here for Accommodations and Rates. Room descriptions can be viewed here.
- The group rate will be extended to attendees three days pre and post retreat dates, pending availability.
- Become a member of the Fairmont President's Club for additional benefits! Enroll online to receive instant perks when staying at any Fairmont Property. The complimentary membership provides such benefits as free use of the fitness center and internet during your stay. Click here for a full list of benefits and click here to enroll. If you chose to enroll in the Fairmont President's Club, please use the link provided or call the Fairmont President's Club at 1-877-232-7070 to enroll prior to making your hotel reservations. Please provide the hotel reservationist with your Fairmont President's Club Membership number when making your hotel reservation.
- Any reservation made after the block is full or after June 23, 2011 will be subject to space and rate availability.
- The cancellation policy is only 72 hours prior to arrival - so you can make your reservations today with the ease of mind that you will not incur any costs if you cancel 3 days prior to the retreat. This is the "high season" for Canada, so they expect the hotel to sell out. Don't be left without a room.
- Make Your Reservations Today! Call 1-800-441-1414 and mention you're with the Florida Justice Association.
Is Your Passport Current?
See Canadian Entry/Exit Requirements for travel information
to and from Canada.
A brochure and registration form will be posted on the FJA website once all details of the retreat are completed. If you have any questions, please contact Lynn McCartney at (850) 224-9403.
Download the Member Retreat Packet and Registration Form!