FJA Women’s Caucus Annual Membership Meeting
Thursday, June 16, 2011
The Breakers Palm Beach
9:30 am -10:30 am
Dear Fellow Women Trial Lawyer:
The Florida Justice Association’s Women’s Caucus is currently recruiting members to join the Women’s Caucus Board of Directors. As the incoming chair for the 2011-2012 term, I’m excited about leading the caucus in the coming year.
Since its inception in 1997, one of the primary objectives of the Women's Caucus Section has been to promote women trial attorneys in all areas of the association. Members of the caucus play instrumental roles in many FJA activities including legislative efforts, the political arena and our CLE program. The caucus works hand in hand with the FJA and its mission of preserving our civil justice system and protecting the rights and safety of Florida's citizens. Goals of the Women’s Caucus include:
- Building membership for the caucus as well as FJA;
- Identifying and promoting women speakers at Continuing Legal Education Programs;
- Identifying and promoting diversity and minorities in both the Caucus and FJA;
- Identifying & promoting women to committees/offices with both the Caucus and FJA;
- Facilitating the networking of the Caucus, FJA and members of the Florida Bar;
- Participating annually in FJA Caucus Lobby Days in Tallahassee;
- Publishing articles and report upcoming and past events in the FJA Journa;
- Mentoring women trial attorneys;
- Raising the profile of women trial attorneys in FJA;
- Giving the Women's Caucus a specific mission within the FJA that focuses on outreach efforts around the state; and,
- Increasing FJA recognition in communities by attaching to consumer related issues and bridging the gap between our legal role of attorneys and the direct impact on every consumer.
The caucus consists of a 16 member Board of Directors. The board meets via conference call to which other members of the caucus are invited and encouraged to attend. In addition to other activities, the caucus sponsors a reception at a FJA seminar, hosts the Women's Caucus "Lobby Days" in Tallahassee during the regular legislative session, and participates and promotes women speakers at several CLE seminars throughout the year.
I personally invite you to actively participate in the caucus, either by serving on the Board of Directors, by submitting an article for publication in the FJA Journal, or by participating in caucus conference calls. There are many ways to become involved!
The annual Women’s Caucus Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, June 16, 2011, in conjunction with the FJA Annual Convention at The Breakers Palm Beach. ALL FJA MEMBERS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND!
Elections for the Women’s Caucus Board of Directors will be held at this meeting. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact Lynn McCartney at FJA at 850-224-9403 or via email to Lynn McCartney. Positions are available for Secretary, several 2-year elected positions and up to six (6) 1-year appointed positions.
FJA Annual Convention:
- Register for the Convention!
- Purchase your tickets for the Women’s Caucus Breakfast. Invited guest speakers (not yet confirmed) include Congresswoman and current Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi. Because of the generous sponsorship by The Centers, tickets for this fantastic breakfast are only $25.
- Make sure to calendar all the social events happening at convention. Use these opportunities to network, greet old acquaintances and meet new friends.
- Reserve your room at The Breakers Palm Beach. Only FJA members registered for the Annual Convention will receive the exceptional convention rate of $205/night. Reservation information is contained in the convention brochure (use the link above). While the deadline for the FJA room block has already passed, rooms may still be available.
I hope to meet you at the upcoming annual meeting. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the caucus or if I can be of any assistance to you.
Leslie Mitchell Kroeger
Women's Caucus Section Chair, 2011-2012
Leopold Kuvin, P.A.
Suite 200, 2925 PGA Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-2911